[daip] SUFIX error

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 21 12:21:18 EDT 2010

Katie Chynoweth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a dataset where my calibrator is named '1331+305=3C286', which I
> need to change to '3C286' in order to use SETJY. When I run SUFIX I get
> the following error:
>
> megrez> SUFIX1: Task SUFIX  (release of 31DEC10) begins
> megrez> SUFIX1: NO VALID TIME RANGES SPECIFIED
> megrez> SUFIX1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
> megrez> SUFIX1: megrez       31DEC10 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0
>
> Although I've specified the time range for the source. My SUFIX inputs
> are below, any help would be appreciated!

SUFIX is not appropriate for this purpose.  SETJY will work with this
source name (it looks only the 1st 8 characters).  To simply rename a
source use PRTAB to look at the source table and then TABPUT to change
the name.

SUFIX is for situations in which 2 actual sources are present in a scan
with only one source number attached due to an error upstream of AIPS.