[daip] SUFIX error

Katie Chynoweth katie.m.chynoweth at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 13:49:43 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have a dataset where my calibrator is named '1331+305=3C286', which I need
to change to '3C286' in order to use SETJY. When I run SUFIX I get the
following error:

megrez> SUFIX1: Task SUFIX  (release of 31DEC10) begins
megrez> SUFIX1: NO VALID TIME RANGES SPECIFIED
megrez> SUFIX1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
megrez> SUFIX1: megrez       31DEC10 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0

Although I've specified the time range for the source. My SUFIX inputs are
below, any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Katie Chynoweth

AIPS 1: SUFIX     Changes source number for specified time ranges
AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: INNAME     'N4472'                 Input UV file name (name)
AIPS 1: INCLASS    'UVDATA'                Input UV file name (class)
AIPS 1: INSEQ         1                    Input UV file name (seq. #)
AIPS 1: INDISK        1                    Input UV file disk unit #
AIPS 1: SOURCES    '1331+305=3C286'        Source name
AIPS 1:            *rest ' '
AIPS 1: QUAL         -1                    Calibrator qualifier -1=>all
AIPS 1: CALCODE    'K'                     Calibrator code '    '=>all
AIPS 1: STOKES     ' '                     Stokes of output
AIPS 1: TIMERANG      0          16        Time range to use
AIPS 1:              31          10           0          16
AIPS 1:              39          36
AIPS 1: SELBAND      -1                    Bandwidth to select (kHz)
AIPS 1: SELFREQ      -1                    Frequency to select (MHz)
AIPS 1: FREQID       -1                    Freq. ID to select.
AIPS 1: SUBARRAY      0                    Sub-array, 0=>all
AIPS 1: BIF           0                    Low IF number to do
AIPS 1: EIF           0                    Highest IF number to do
AIPS 1: BCHAN         1                    First channel included
AIPS 1: ECHAN         0                    last channel included
AIPS 1: DOCALIB      -1                    > 0 calibrate data & weights
AIPS 1:                                    > 99 do NOT calibrate weights
AIPS 1: GAINUSE       0                    CL (or SN) table to apply
AIPS 1: DOPOL        -1                    If >0.5 correct polarization.
AIPS 1: PDVER         0                    PD table to apply (DOPOL>0)
AIPS 1: BLVER        -1                    BL table to apply.
AIPS 1: FLAGVER       0                    Flag table version
AIPS 1: DOBAND       -1                    If >0.5 apply bandpass cal.
AIPS 1:                                    Method used depends on value
AIPS 1:                                    of DOBAND (see HELP file).
AIPS 1: BPVER        -1                    Bandpass table version
AIPS 1: SMOOTH     *all 0                  Smoothing function. See
AIPS 1:                                    HELP SMOOTH for details.
AIPS 1: DOACOR       -1                    Include autocorrelations?
AIPS 1: OUTNAME    ' '                     Output UV file name (name)
AIPS 1: OUTCLASS   ' '                     Output UV file name (class)
AIPS 1: OUTSEQ        0                    Output UV file name (seq. #)
AIPS 1: OUTDISK       1                    Output UV file disk unit #.
AIPS 1: FPARM      *all 0                  Start times (days)
AIPS 1: RPARM      *all 0                  Stop times (days)
AIPS 1: KEYSTRNG   '3C286'                 New source name
AIPS 1: SOUCODE    'K'                     Calcode to assign new source
AIPS 1: COORDINA   *all 0                  New source coordinates