[daip] EQUINOX

Adam Deller adeller at nrao.edu
Mon Oct 4 21:52:44 EDT 2010

Hi daip,

When I load a recent VLBA file, I get the following error out of FITLD:

TABHDR: NUMBER OUT OF RANGE ON EQUINOX

Looking at the value of this column of the SU table, I see that it contains
J2000.  The DiFX FITS builder recently changed from writing EPOCH in the
header of the SU table to EQUINOX.  Is this a problematic warning? And if
so, what needs to be changed (both for my existing file and in the DiFX
codebase for the future) to write out what AIPS/FITLD expects?  I'm guessing
it wants just a number (2000.0) - is that right?

Cheers,
Adam

--
Dr. Adam Deller                            Ph  +1 575 418 0121