[daip] SU table after UVAVG ?

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sat May 29 16:40:52 EDT 2010

Nissim Kanekar wrote:

> Here's the PRTAB output of the NX table of the .UVAVG file. I didn't do
> any time-dependent flagging before running UVAVG; just flagged out dead
> antennas and then ran FRING to correct delays, before running UVAVG. Of
> course, it's possible that the correlator might have produced zeros at
> the start time for some baselines, which would have gotten flagged
> automatically in FITLD.
>
> I guess a gap might be defined as a timerange significantly larger than
> the record time (e.g. 3*record time or more), over all antennas. The
> record time might be a required entry in a new CPARM element in INDXR
> (or can it be read directly from the header ?).

The problem is that the routines did see times that differed by more
than 0.2 sec and so took that to mean that the normal interval was ~0.2
sec.  A 5 sec interval is then 10 times that and so a scan break.  I
changed the routine to require 2 gaps before being willing to decide
about normal gaps and rearranged things to allow the calling task to
provide information.  UVAVG does know something and so can provide a
better suggestion than the 0.2 sec.  The MNJ tomorrow should bring this
change.

Your NX table showed that some "scans" had a non-zero length esp the 1st
two.  That is what confused the task and was probably due to a ragged start.

Hopefully this will be better but there is no perfect solution other
than to carry around an integration time on everything which we decided
long ago not to do (although CASA is trying to override that decision).

Thanks,

Eric