[daip] MNJ failure

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon May 17 11:38:49 EDT 2010

Nissim Kanekar wrote:

> Just tried running install.pl and got the same error
>
> rsync: failed to connect to ftp.aoc.nrao.edu: No route to host (113)
> rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(107)
> [receiver=2.6.8]
>
> Could this be a problem at the NRAO server ? The system administrator
> here claims that our firewall shouldn't affect outbound data.

We would have heard from someone else by now if our server is failing.
Note that rsync is used to fetch executables which means that systems
people do not like it.  I am certain that they have raised a firewall at
your site.

Eric

Now to look at your data some more - it seemed that there is a lot of
bad data even just in the bP cal scan.  I will need to study it before
flagging several whole antennas.

Cheers