[daip] MNJ failure

Nissim Kanekar nkanekar at ncra.tifr.res.in
Fri May 14 13:12:11 EDT 2010

On Fri, 14 May 2010, Eric Greisen wrote:

> Nissim Kanekar wrote:
>>
>>  Hi Eric,
>>
>>  Just set up the MNJ but get the following error on running
>>  do_daily.socrates. ftp.aoc.nrao.edu appears to be alive, so I was
>>  wondering if there's something that I need to do on my system here.
>>
>>  Thanks,
>>  Nissim
>>

>>  rsync: failed to connect to ftp.aoc.nrao.edu: No route to host (113)
>>  rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(107)
>>  [receiver=2.6.8]
>>  UPDRSYNC: rsync SYSTEM
>>  rsync: failed to connect to ftp.aoc.nrao.edu: No route to host (113)
>>  rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(107)
>>  [receiver=2.6.8]
>>  UPDRSYNC: rsync LIBR
>>  rsync: failed to connect to ftp.aoc.nrao.edu: No route to host (113)
>>  rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(107)
>>  [receiver=2.6.8]
>>  UPDRSYNC: rsync LOAD
>>  rsync: failed to connect to ftp.aoc.nrao.edu: No route to host (113)
>>  rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(107)
>>  [receiver=2.6.8]
>>  AIPSUPD - calling UPDREPORT
>>  AIPSUPD - UPDREPORT done, MNJ finished.
>
> This makes me thing that you have a firewall preventing rsync - although that
> would have stopped the installation as well.
>
> It may also be a glitch that will be fixed in a day...
>
> ERic Greisen

Hi Eric,

We do have a firewall at NCRA, but it didn't give any trouble to the
installation, so it's a bit puzzling that rsync fails. I've tried running
the do_daily.hostname script a few more times and keep getting the same
message; will try over the weekend as well. Incidentally, is there any
other way of getting an update ?

Thanks!
Nissim