[daip] New Ticket - [!ACQ-866531]: TECOR pretends to run but does nothing.

R. Craig Walker do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu May 13 00:28:21 EDT 2010

New Ticket: TECOR pretends to run but does nothing.

I have been running TECOR on my M87 data sets.  I am embarrassed to admit that I wasn't checking the results.  I did tonight.  Everything seems to work fine at run time:
localh> TECOR1: ZTXOP2: using translated file name =
localh> TECOR1: ZTXOP2: /Users/cwalker/M87/BW092_Transient/BW093D/jplg1200.10i
localh> TECOR1: ZTXOP2: using translated file name =
localh> TECOR1: ZTXOP2: /Users/cwalker/M87/BW092_Transient/BW093D/jplg1210.10i
localh> TECOR1: IONMAP: FIRST TEC MAP SKIPPED
localh> TECOR1: Creating CL table version    6
localh> TECOR1: Copied   2286 records to the output table
localh> TECOR1:   2286 were modified
localh> TECOR1: Appears to have ended successfully

I presumed that the note about the map skipped is because the data set started after 23.5 hours on the first day.

When I look at the output data set, there are no changes in the phases or delays.  I then reran using CL1 as input to make a table with no other corrections.   To the precision I could get them to display, neither LISTR nor SNPLT could see anything but zeros in the output CL table.

Checking back, it seems that this has also happened to other data sets from earlier this year
and also early last year (hardware correlator).

Here are my inputs:

>inp
AIPS 1: TECOR     Task to calibrate ionospheric delay and Faraday rotn.
AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: INNAME     'BW093D_GEO'            Input UV file name (name)
AIPS 1: INCLASS    'MULTI'                 Input UV file name (class)
AIPS 1: INSEQ         1                    Input UV file name (seq. #)
AIPS 1: INDISK        3                    Input UV file disk unit #
AIPS 1: INFILE     'BW093D:jplg1200.10i'   IONEX file name
AIPS 1: NFILES        2                    # of INFILES
AIPS 1: SUBARR        0                    Subarray to correct
AIPS 1:                                      (0 => all)
AIPS 1: ANTENNAS   *all 0                  Antennas to correct
AIPS 1:                                      (all 0 => all)
AIPS 1: GAINVER       1                    Input CL table version
AIPS 1: GAINUSE       7                    Output CL table version
AIPS 1: APARM         1        *rest 0     Switches
AIPS 1:                                      (1) if > 0 correct for
AIPS 1:                                          dispersive delay
AIPS 1:                                      (2) Follow ionosphere
AIPS 1:                                          factor

I am running at home so can't easily give you access to the immediate data set I'm using.  But you could load it from
/home/noatak/transfers/VLBA_BW093D_bw093d_1_100511T165210.idifits
The jpl tec files are in /home/noatak/cwalker/M87/BW092_Transient/BW093D
The file contains 4 geodetic segments so it is not all that big.

There is no need to do anything but just run FITLD and TECOR to demonstrate the issue,
presuming it isn't somehow specific to my Mac at home.

Cheers,

Craig

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: ACQ-866531