[daip] New Ticket - [!UNH-436573]: AIPS startup script broken after midnight job - 2 machines.

R. Craig Walker do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Mar 10 23:29:46 EST 2010

New Ticket: AIPS startup script broken after midnight job - 2 machines.

The AIPS startup script on both my Intel and PPC Macs is broken after the midnight job.  AIPS will not start.  The problem appears to be that, near the start of the script, AIPS_ROOT gets set to /DEFINE_ME and then never gets set to it's proper value.  $AIPS_ROOT = /Users/aips on my Intel Mac before the script starts, but that doesn't get passed in.  Soon the script tests if $AIPS_ROOT is a directory and, if not, tells the user that and dies.  That is what is happening on both machines.  I commented out the line that sets AIPS_ROOT to /DEFINE_ME  and was then able to start AIPS.

Could this be related to the pause I reported in my last ticket?  Was that prompting me for AIPS_ROOT, or some such, but just not telling me about it?

This is a simple, but catastrophic, error.  It prevents a user from running aips at all unless they can edit the aips startup script.

Cheers,

Craig

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: UNH-436573