[daip] New Ticket - [!TIE-697361]: Midnight job pause.

R. Craig Walker do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Mar 10 22:09:02 EST 2010

New Ticket: Midnight job pause.

I ran the midnight job twice today.  First was at the AOC updating my PPC Mac notebook.  The second was from home updating my Intel Mac.  In both cases, after a few minutes, I found the process seemed to be stopped.  I tried hitting <return> and it immediately started up again, and ran to completion.  There was no indication that it was waiting for input, but it seemed to be.  On the Intel machine, the last lines before the pause were:

UPDUPDATE - running POPSGN for changed POPSDAT
Moving START_AIPS from SYSUNIX to AIPS_ROOT
Redefining AIPS_ROOT as /Users/aips

I think, but am not sure, that these were also the last lines before the pause on the PPC machine.  This would play some havoc, I would think, with an effort to update automatically.

Cheers,

Craig

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: TIE-697361