[daip] UVCON beam shape for synthesized data

Bill Peterson albedozero at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 15:32:02 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm using UVCON to create some simulated UV data to test some mapping
routines.  The simulated data looks as expected when I make an image, except
that the synthesized beam shape looks wrong.  I've specified the VLBA+GB+EB
as the array, and a source declination of 29 degrees, when should produce an
elongated north-south beam, but the beam shape of the UV dataset from UVCON
is circular.  Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

Bill Peterson