[daip] New Ticket - [!KPH-296057]: AG836. low fluxes in several antennas (17 to 28)

Jose-Francisco Gomez do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri Jun 25 12:35:41 EDT 2010

New Ticket: AG836. low fluxes in several antennas (17 to 28)

Hi

I loaded data from AG836 project to AIPS. I am trying to calibrate them. My first scans were on the flux calibrator. I flagged out the first (dummy) scan on this source. But on the real integration on the calibrator, I got this strange behavior (see attached plot). Many visibilities are close to zero. I checked, and they are all baselines with antennas 18 to 28. Baselines among antennas 1 to 17 are ok. (these are all the points arond 20 mJy). I suspect this is a software problem, since it is for all antennas numbered 18 and up, which are scattered around the whole array. No problem for the following scan (phase calibrator).
I wonder whether this is a known problem, and whether there is a workaround.
Anyway, since the problem happened for the flux calibrator, I believe I can calibrate the data, with no loss of S/N, using only antennas 1-17.

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: KPH-296057
Department: AIPS Data Processing
Link:  https://help.nrao.edu/staff/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=viewticket&ticketid=290