[daip] New Ticket - [!RNM-616124]: questions on antenna file modifications

Lynn D Matthews do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Jun 3 13:27:24 EDT 2010

New Ticket: questions on antenna file modifications

I know that there have been changes in the formatting for the AN tables in AIPS, but I am encountering some unexpected behavior in these tables when I attempt to load MWA data into 31DEC10 aips.

In this case, if I do a PRTAN, I see the expected array center coordinates and station offsets listed, followed by a second listing of parameters titled:
         Relative antenna positions wrt to new center:

Then new X, Y, Z values are listed for the array center, followed by a listed of updated station positions. I am not clear why or how these modifications are being computed.

One other thing that puzzled me is that XYZHAND is set to ????. However, if I write out the data and read them back into 31DEC09 aips, it sets XYZHAND='RIGHT' and it also does not compute the modified antenna positions.

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: RNM-616124
Department: AIPS Data Processing