[daip] New Ticket - [!KIO-500505]: 31DEC10 compiling with gcc

Robert Thomas Zavala do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Jul 22 15:50:34 EDT 2010

New Ticket: 31DEC10 compiling with gcc

Reference previous ticket WOM-177170 and compilers for AIPS.
I have access to gcc 4.4 and attemtpted to compile from source,
and failed. To verify by gcc versions:

gcc version 4.4.0 20090514 (Red Hat 4.4.0-6) (GCC)

We use RedHat Enterprise Linux.

Using install.pl I changed FORT, LINK, CCOM to point to gcc 4.4.
I made no changes to compiler or linker options from the default. I thought it best to try these default options first.

Upon starting compilation the Preprocessor failed to compile and as expected INSTEP2 failed. The attached file aips-compile.txt shows the output which reported the failure to build the pre-processor. Neither the AIPSUB.LIS nor the INSTEP2.LOG seem very useful but I can send those if required.

Could you recommend how to proceed?

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: KIO-500505
Department: AIPS Data Processing