[daip] rsync

Wes Young wyoung at nrao.edu
Wed Jan 20 11:15:41 EST 2010

AIPS is know to work with snow leopard. What's most likely happening
is the rsync port is being blocked by a router by a router at your
site which would cause the timeout. I would ask your network
adminstrator if rsync is being blocked and if it is, please would they
allow it.

If you cannot get rsync to work, then you next option would be to
build from source. We have a copy of the gfortran compiler used by the
R project at https://svn.cv.nrao.edu/casa/osx_distro/developers/10.6/gfortran-42-5646.pkg
. Alternatively, if you have a license for the Intel fortran compiler
we would recommend using that.

wes
wyoung at aoc.nrao.edu