[daip] rsync

Yoshiaki Hagiwara yoshiaki.hagiwara at nao.ac.jp
Tue Jan 19 02:45:35 EST 2010

Dear AIPS manager,

I'm trying binary installation of AIPS 31DEC10 to my  laptop (OS: MacOSX 10.6.2), which is
newly bought the other day, but the Aipswiz does not go through.
Seems that the procedure continues failing its connection to ftp server at AOC.
I confirmed write-permission in the aips top directory, where I input "perl install.pl -n".
Wonder if this is up to the newest MacOS, for which AIPS is not yet implemented.
Anybody who knows the solution of this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

>tcsh
>perl install.pl -n
----
---
ipsWiz: ==> Confirm: start the install with these settings [Y]:
AipsWiz:  =====> Creating or updating HOSTS.LIST file
AipsWiz:        -- Already exists, checking list of hosts...
sh: /opt/aips/HOSTS.SH: No such file or directory
AipsWiz:        -- adding 2 host(s)...
AipsWiz:         -- Done.
rsync: failed to connect to ftp.aoc.nrao.edu: Operation timed out (60)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at /SourceCache/rsync/rsync-37.3/rsync/clientserver.c(105) [receiver=2.6.9]
AipsWiz:  =====> Configuring your AIPS_ROOT area...
AipsWiz: Error: Cannot find 31DEC10/SYSTEM/UNIX/AIPSASSN.SH
AipsWiz: Error: AIPS SYSUNIX area is incomplete
AipsWiz: Error: (You may want to unpack the tarball again)
AipsWiz: Error: Cannot proceed further!

>ls
31DEC10/	DA00/		HOSTS.LIST*	install.pl*
> cd ..
>ls -la
drwxrwxrwx   6 hagiwara  admin        204  1 19 16:27 aips/

Cheers,
--
Hagi
NAOJ