[daip] CVEL Problem

Lisa May Walker lisamay at virginia.edu
Fri Feb 26 13:38:03 EST 2010

To Whom it May Concern,

Hello, I have been working with some VLA HI data using the 31Dec10
version of AIPS taken over the course of a week in June 2009. After
calibrating the data, I ran SETJY to set the source velocity, then SPLIT
to create single-source files. I then tried to run CVEL on one of the
single-source files. For some of the days, it quickly ran through
antennas 1-26 on the first scan, then stalled. For other days, it
successfully got through the entire dataset. During the time when CVEL
hangs, my computer isn't swapping, but I'm using ~50% of the processor.
I've put the inputs and outputs for days 1 and 2, as well as the data,
at http://www.astro.virginia.edu/~lmw7k/CVELProblem/. Day 1 is the data
that CVEL couldn't get through, day 2 is the data it had no problem with.

Thank you,
Lisa May Walker