[daip] Mac tv problems

Tracy Clarke schmarke at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 12:51:35 EST 2010

Hi,

I have run into a problem with the tv on my laptop a few times lately.

I am running Mac OSX 10.5.8 and running AIPS 31DEC09 (last up2date was
January 28 or 29).
Several times I have lost the tv after killing a UVPLT that had
started. When I run a KLEEN
and then restart a new TV opens but I get the message:

kouchi> UVPLT1: TV DEVICE  4 CURRENTLY BEING USED BY SOMEONE ELSE
kouchi> UVPLT1: TV OPEN ERROR      4
kouchi> UVPLT1: GINIT: ERROR    4 OPENING THE TV
kouchi> UVPLT1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes

If I start with a new tv number it will work ok.

The messages that happen when I ABORT are below;

AIPS 1 12:33:42 abort uvplt
UVPLT1 12:33:42 ZABORS: signal 15 received
UVPLT1 12:33:42 ABORT!
AIPS 1 12:33:43 Begin check for any 'standard' scratch files
AIPS 1 12:33:43 Scratch files -- destroyed:    0  still active:    0
AIPS 1 12:33:46 tvinit
AIPS 1 12:33:46 TV DEVICE  4 CURRENTLY BEING USED BY SOMEONE ELSE
AIPS 1 12:33:46 TV OPEN ERROR      4

Cheers,

Tracy