[daip] Installation issues

Karen.Lee-Waddell at rmc.ca Karen.Lee-Waddell at rmc.ca
Thu Feb 25 12:23:29 EST 2010

Hello,

I tried all the "fixes" except one and seem to be getting the same error message:
UNIXSERVERS: Start XAS1 on localhost, DISPLAY /tmp/launch-YAubbK/:0
/Users/Karen/31DEC10/SYSTEM/UNIXSERVERS: line 250: ./XAS1:
Permission denied

I have these screen settings:
        default visual id:  0x24
        visual:
          visual id:    0x24
          class:    TrueColor
          depth:    24 planes

After using export DISPLAY=localhost:0I get the error message the same error message as before.

think it might be the firewall/port issue but when I follow the
instructions in the guide I don't seem to get the same screens to
change the firewall permissions.

I'm am new to Mac computers so I'm not very familiar with the system tools.  I have the Snow Leopard OS.

Thanks,
Karen