[daip] text compile of 31DEC10

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Feb 12 15:30:28 EST 2010

Gregory Taylor wrote:
> I'm trying to compile AIPS on an intel Mac (OS 10.5) using ifort and gcc
> 4.2
> and I've gotten well into INSTEP2 when it fails while trying to compile
> ZADRSZ.c.  I've tried gcc 4.0 and gcc 4.2 with the same results.  If
> there is some other
> version needed please let me know.  Settings of AIPSRC attached
> along with an excerpt from INSTEP2.LOG.   Normally I would be happy with
> the binary install, but I need to compile some private versions of AIPS
> programs.  Thanks,
>                       - Greg

ZADRSZ is as simple a C routine as we have and is so far as I can tell
correct.  I am suspicious that the compiler just went wrong and the
running the INSTEP2 again (without cleaning up) should work.  You could
try COMRPL $APLGEN/ZADRSZ by hand to see if you can make sense of
errors.  It looks like all of our other routines except simpler.