[daip] Problem with CC file

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 9 10:11:45 EST 2010

Jose Afonso wrote:
> Hi Eric,
> I am currently facing a problem: one of my IMAGR runs just crashed while
> using the automated BOXing facility. Not sure why, on the last steps
> IMAGR was just not being able to pick up any pixels to clean (but it
> should...). I was trying to restart IMAGR and see what is wrong, but it
> seems one of the CC files (using 61 facets) is corrupted (I found this
> since recat was complaining about not being able to find some files in
> the data area. problem was traced to this one CC file, for which FITTP
> complained only having ~1200 Kb, while expecting 2000+; imhead ok, tvall
> also fine). I do not really care about the components on that facet,
> IMAGR can pick up anything from scratch on that one, but IMAGR re-starts
> and crashes again everytime (ZABORS: signal 1 received). Is there any
> way for me to generate a dummy CC file for that one facet, so that IMAGR
> can be restarted?

I would love to solve the abort - which should never happen - since we
try to catch every error condition and do something reasonable.  Can you
send me some of the messages from a restart and also the IMHEADER of the
facet that is causing the problem?  Is there a CC with a bad header in
that facet or no CC at all?  If the former, did you try PRTCC?