[daip] Moving data to another computer

Andy Biggs abiggs at eso.org
Fri Feb 5 05:12:51 EST 2010

Dear daip. When one moves data from an AIPS data area on one computer
into an AIPS data area on another computer, does one have to move every
single file? I assumed that you could send just a subset (the maps from
a particular user number, not the UV data) but I'm not able to see the
files when I start AIPS on the second machine - I've 'RUN RECAT' but no
joy. The byte orders of the two machines are also the same.

Also, do the data have to reside in the same disk number? The data were
originally on disk 2 and I initially copied them to disk 1 on the second
computer. I then tried disk 2 on this as well and again no joy.

Thanks.

Andy

--

ESO, ALMA Regional Centre