[daip] SNEDT bug

Adam Deller adeller at nrao.edu
Fri Dec 3 18:38:23 EST 2010

Hi Eric,

I wrote out a file from TASAV which exhibits the behaviour.  You can get it
at /users/adeller/forsnedt_uv.fits.  I double checked by loading the FITS
file back into AIPS, and the the first time I repeated the process it
happily saved the table.  I then tried again with SN version 5 instead of 6,
and it crashed as before.  The input/output from below is from when I ran
SNEDT before writing the file out and reading it back in - the only
difference is that I look an SN table 6 instead of 5.

In both cases, I paged through the first few antennas and set the display to
delay and rate before exiting.  I believe SN table 6 was generated by CALIB
and SN table 5 was from FRING.  Here are the inputs and output:

AIPS 1: SNEDT: Interactive SN/CL/TY/SY-table data editor using the TV
AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: INNAME     'BD141I_C'              Input UV data (name)
AIPS 1: INCLASS    'TASAV'                 Input UV data (class)
AIPS 1: INSEQ         1                    Input UV data (seq. #)
AIPS 1: INDISK        1                    Input UV data disk drive #
AIPS 1: INEXT      'SN'                    Input 'SN', 'CL', 'TY' table
AIPS 1: INVERS        6                    Input table file version no.
AIPS 1: DODELAY      1                    > 0 => also edit delay/rate
AIPS 1: TIMERANG   *all 0                  Time range to include
AIPS 1: BIF           0                    First IF to include
AIPS 1: EIF           0                    Last IF to include
AIPS 1: ANTENNAS   *all 0                  List of antennas to include
AIPS 1: FREQID       -1                    Frequency ID; 0 => 1
AIPS 1: SUBARRAY      0                    Subarray number 0 => 1.
AIPS 1: FLAGVER       0                    > 0 FG version applied
AIPS 1: SOLINT        0                    Times within SOLINT (min) are
AIPS 1:                                    treated as equal.
AIPS 1: DETIME        0                    Break interval (min)
AIPS 1: DOTWO         1                    True => do second observable
AIPS 1:                                    plot of main baseline
AIPS 1: EXPERT        0                    > 0 start in expert mode
AIPS 1: CROWDED       0                    > 0 => allow plots with all
AIPS 1:                                    polarizations and IFs
AIPS 1: ANTUSE     *all 0                  Initial displayed antennas
AIPS 1: BADDISK    *all 0                  Disks to avoid for scratch.

and I get as before:

localh> SNEDT1: No data changes to write back to disk
localh> SNEDT1: REQUESTED ROW **** EXCEEDS MAX OF 1280
localh> SNEDT1: ERROR FOR TABLE OBJECT: Output SN/CL/TY/SY table to be e
localh> SNEDT1: EDGTSN: ERROR READING REC    2 ROW****** COL WEIGHT 1
localh> SNEDT1: EDITSN: ERROR WITH OBJECT Output SN/CL/TY/SY table to be e
localh> SNEDT1: ERROR EDITING Output SN/CL/TY/SY table to be e

Hope this helps,
Adam

--
Dr. Adam Deller                            Ph  +1 575 418 0121