[daip] SNEDT bug

Adam Deller adeller at nrao.edu
Fri Dec 3 14:48:38 EST 2010

Hi daip,

It seems there is a bug that has been introduced into SNEDT sometime in the
last couple of months.  If I open an SN table to edit it, page through some
antennas and change what is being displayed (i.e. put up delay and rate, for
example) and then exit without making an edit, SNEDT crashes complaining
about a row ****.  See output below.

localh> SNEDT1: Task SNEDT  (release of 31DEC10) begins
localh> SNEDT1: Doing no flagging this time
localh> SNEDT1: Copied SN file from vol/cno/vers  125148   3 to  125148   5
localh> SNEDT1: Allocate        22799 words at          89068349
localh> SNEDT1: All data will reside in memory
localh> SNEDT1: Found     6 times, stored on a time axis of length    16
localh> SNEDT1: Applying FG table to the data
localh> SNEDT1: Plotting:
localh> SNEDT1: Press buttons A, B, or C to choose an operation
localh> SNEDT1: Press button D for on-line help
localh> SNEDT1: Plotting:
localh> SNEDT1: Press buttons A, B, or C to choose an operation
localh> SNEDT1: Press button D for on-line help
localh> SNEDT1: Plotting:
localh> SNEDT1: Press buttons A, B, or C to choose an operation
localh> SNEDT1: Press button D for on-line help
localh> SNEDT1: Plotting:
localh> SNEDT1: Press buttons A, B, or C to choose an operation
localh> SNEDT1: Press button D for on-line help
localh> SNEDT1: Plotting:
localh> SNEDT1: Press buttons A, B, or C to choose an operation
localh> SNEDT1: Press button D for on-line help
localh> SNEDT1: Computing difference data, then plotting
localh> SNEDT1: Press buttons A, B, or C to choose an operation
localh> SNEDT1: Press button D for on-line help
localh> SNEDT1: No data changes to write back to disk
localh> SNEDT1: REQUESTED ROW **** EXCEEDS MAX OF   57
localh> SNEDT1: ERROR FOR TABLE OBJECT: Output SN/CL/TY/SY table to be e
localh> SNEDT1: EDGTSN: ERROR READING REC    2 ROW****** COL WEIGHT 1
localh> SNEDT1: EDITSN: ERROR WITH OBJECT Output SN/CL/TY/SY table to be e
localh> SNEDT1: ERROR EDITING Output SN/CL/TY/SY table to be e
localh> SNEDT1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
localh> SNEDT1: marathon 31DEC10 TST: Cpu=      2.9  Real=     17
IO=        2

This is running 31DEC10 which is MNJ'd every night.  I don't have any other
versions to test, but I had not seen this bug before a month or two ago.
Initially I thought it was related to some external software I was using,
but now I've seen I can reproduce the bug in AIPS directly (change displayed
quantity, change antennas, exit without any edits).

Cheers,
Adam

--
Dr. Adam Deller                            Ph  +1 575 418 0121