[daip] my AIPS is not working ...

Dharam Vir Lal dlal at head.cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Aug 4 15:57:14 EDT 2010

Dear Eric,

I added two more data areas and whatever AIPS-id number I give, my AIPS is
not working.  any suggestions what have I done wrong ?  Regards, Dharam.

[ASTEROID-143 aips]$ START_AIPS tv=local
START_AIPS: Will use or start first available Unix Socket based TV

You have a choice of 2 printers.  These are:

    No. [ type  ] Description
     1. [PREVIEW] ghostview previewer
     2. [     PS] HP Laserjet 4350 (B213)

START_AIPS: Enter your choice, or the word QUIT [default is 1]:
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the ghostview previewer
START_AIPS:  - system name ghostview, AIPS type PREVIEW

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
  (Using global default file /export/aips/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for DADEVS.PL)
   Disk 1 (1) is /export/aips/DATA/ASTEROID_1
   Disk 2 (2) is /export/aips/DATA/ASTEROID_2
   Disk 3 (3) is /asteroid1.real/dharam/aips/DATA3/ASTEROID_3
   Disk 4 (4) is /asteroid1.real/dharam/aips/DATA4/ASTEROID_4

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is REMOTE
   Tape 2 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called asteroid
START_AIPS:  - but have chosen to run the TV locally on ASTEROID
START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on asteroid asynchronously
START_AIPS:  - WITH Unix Sockets as requested...
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on ASTEROID asynchronously...

===== AIPS Message of the day... $Date: 2002/01/30$ (MET) =========
| ********************  1/12/2005 in Bonn:  *************************** |
| --- The last AIPS update is over.  TST is now 31DEC05, NEW is 31DEC04 |
|     and OLD is 31DEC03.
| --- The latest AIPSLetter is available from the NRAO AIPS web site:   |
|         http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/aips
===== AIPS Message of the day... $Date: 2005/01/12 =============== ======

Starting up 31DEC09 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC09) at priority =   0
AIPS 1: ZDCHIN: NO NETSP ENTRY FOR DA03
AIPS 1: THIS MEANS THE TIMDEST LIMIT IS SET TO VALUE IN SP FILE OR 14.0
AIPS 1: ZDCHIN: NO NETSP ENTRY FOR DA04
AIPS 1: You are not on a local TV device, welcome stranger
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   2
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   2
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?UNIXSERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSRV1 on asteroid
TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Unix (local) domain
UNIXSERVERS: Start XAS1 on asteroid, DISPLAY :0.0
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XAS: Using screen width 1910 height 1100,
     max grey level 8191 in 16 grey-scale memories
UNIXSERVERS: Start graphics server TKSRV1 on asteroid, display :0.0
UNIXSERVERS: Start message server MSSRV1 on asteroid, display :0.0
161
AIPS 1: ZOPEN: FILE DA00:PWD000000;          NOT FOUND
[ASTEROID-144 aips]$

  Dharam Vir Lal
  Add.: Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
        MS-67, 60 Garden Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
 Email: dharam at cfa.harvard.edu
   Ph.: +1-617-495-7986 (office)