[daip] MNJ library problem?

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Aug 5 10:38:43 EDT 2010

Robert Mutel wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> Our 31DEC10 AIPs suddenly stopped working, with the error msg:
>
> Starting up 31DEC10 AIPS with normal priority
> Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC10) at priority =   0
> AIPS1: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by AIPS1)
>
> Our libc.so.6 points to glibc version  2.3.4:
>
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root      13 Jul 22 10:08 libc.so.6 -> libc-2.3.4.so*
>
> I wonder if the large MNJ a few days ago removed support for 2.3.4?
>
> Robert

Our system guy is perplexed about this 2.4 requirement since in fact on
dave (the machine that does the link edits) we have 2.5 not 2.4.

cd $LOAD
ldd AIPS.EXE

only shows libc.so.6 so one would expect any old libc to do okay.  We
did have a compile problem in C complaining about GNU versions and one
with link edit with a crazy error message when we tried to use 9.0, our
older compiler version.  But nothing explicitly about libc.