[daip] MAXIF

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Apr 8 10:59:50 EDT 2010

Olaf Wucknitz wrote:
> Dear daip,
>
> I am currently experimenting with LOFAR data in AIPS. These data are
> organised in max. 248 subbands which I convert to IFs to produce uvfits
> files. This works fine as long as the number of IFs is sufficiently small.
> Currently I have a data set with 120 subbands/IFs which AIPS does not
> like.
>

> In PUVD.INC I find the following:
>
> C                                       MAXIF=max. no. IFs.
>       PARAMETER (MAXIF=90)
>

> Would it be possible to change this to, say, 256 without breaking
> anything? This would be a great help.

256 sub-bands all pointed at the same source at the same time?

Raising this parameter would have all sorts or repercussions - making
all programs a good bit larger and probably creating havoc where we have
assumed the 90 when thinking if one buig array will be big enough for
multiple purposes.  If lofar data are really going to be reduced in AIPS
I suppose I will have to consider this - but even the EVLA is only going
to use 64.

ERic Greisen