[daip] installation

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Sep 30 10:41:27 EDT 2009

TB wrote:

> hey, I'm trying to bring up a version (31DEC99) on a section of our
> cluster here. Install.pl works fine, compiles everything etc. but there
> seems to be some problem with disks, FILAIP etc. Wandered around for a
> while, tried to decipher DADEVS.PL, etc.
>
> Attached is zipped tar file with: .AIPSRC, listing of error, DA00
> directory. I've been wondering if the name of the blade server
> (S-L-TB1) is somehow a problem.
>
> Any help provided would be appreciated. Note, have done installs at home
> recently, no problems.
>
> uname -a gives
>
> Linux S-L-TB1 2.6.18-164.el5xen #1 SMP Tue Aug 18 16:06:30 EDT 2009 i686
> i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>
> TB

The problem is easier than that.  The data file names must have the name
of the computer in them.  E.g. my computer is primate and my data areas
are /DATA/PRIMATE_n with several values of n.  You can rename AIPS_1 as
S-L-TB1_1 or you can make AIPS_1 a required disk area for all computers
using this aips by putting a + rather than a - in column 1 of DADEVS.LIST.

Cheers,