[daip] UVFIX/CORRCOEF

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Sep 21 15:25:49 EDT 2009

Andy Biggs wrote:
> Hi Eric. A quick question for you: I just ran UVFIX on a dataset written
> by SPLIT and then tried to STUFFR it together with other files that I
> hadn't run UVFIX on. STUFFR choked as the CORRCOEF keyword in the header
> was not the same for all files - UVFIX had changed it from a 1 to a -1.
> I've changed it back to a 1 by hand, but I wanted to check that this is
> okay.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andy

i find this curious and unlikely.  First, UVFIX just copies keywords it
does not know about CORRCOEF itself.  Second, CORCOEF=1 says that your
data are correlation coefficients not visibilities scaled by Tsys.  I
also find that unlikely although I seem to remember a bug in which this
parameter was recorded backwards for a period of time.