[daip] AIPS on a 64bit machine

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 22 13:12:23 EDT 2009

Bill Junor wrote:
> Thanks, ERic.
>
>    I had checked that DA00 existed --- and it does.  But I think you are
> on to the problem --- I haven't specified the site name correctly.  I'm
> so used to just invoking a single name on my machine at home rather than
> a qualified domain name e.g. "blackhole.lanl.gov" rather than
> "blackhole".  Let me explore this first.

The site name is anything you want.  But is has to be consistent - in
the HOSTS.LIST file and the pathname to $SYSLOCAL - which is for LINUX
for example $SYSLINUX/$SITE.

You should never need a fully qualified name.  The host name is that
returned by uname -n turned yo upper case unless you specify LAPTOP=YES
in the LOGIN.* files.  In that case it is LOCALHOST.

Send me the error message from FILAIP - otherwise I am just guessing
what usually goes wrong.

Eric