[daip] AIPS on a 64bit machine

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 22 12:08:03 EDT 2009

Bill Junor wrote:
> Hi Eric.
>
>    I'm back working on this issue --- that is, when I am not combating
> the forces of darkness represented by procurement at the Lab.
>
>    Compilation runs fine with the gnu software.  However, I note that
> when install.pl invokes FILAIP, FILAIP fails to find DA01:
> MSD001000.001, DA00:ACD000000; etc. and so the installation chokes.  I
> have noticed this behavior on a 32bit installation on another machine
> also.
>
>     Suggestions?

The missing DA01:MSD001000.001; file does not matter.  It just makes it
harder for message to come out.  FILAIP does not need to find
DA00:ACD000000; it creates it.  I will need to see more info about the
failures.  $DA00 is usually found at $AIPS_ROOT/DA00/<host_name> - could
there be some issue with what name install.pl thinks your machine has?