[daip] New Ticket - [!QLA-307644]: FRING after SPLIT

Vivek Dhawan do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Oct 21 15:11:02 EDT 2009

New Ticket: FRING after SPLIT

WIDAR data has many channels. I do a first FRING to set delays and then split off the differenct sources doing an average over a few channels to reduce volume.  ( The resulting single source dataset gets beaten hard). One thing I do is to run FRING on the single-source data to look for residual delays. Fring (like CALIB) applies the solutions and writes an output dataset, also saves an SN table with the originating data. The output data has been averaged up across all channels after the application of fringe, which is a feature that took me by surprize, but is not a problem. However, the header in the output data has 1 channel at the center of the band, but its BW is still the BW of the input data, not the BW of the post-averaged data. In my case 60 chans of 2MHz were averaged, but the output BW was still labelled as 2MHz. Right now I am not hampered by this (once I got wise to it) so its not a burning issue but nice to fix.
Vivek.

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: QLA-307644
Department: Data Processing (AIPS)