[daip] Problems with polarization calibration in AIPS 31DEC09

Luis F. Rodriguez l.rodriguez at crya.unam.mx
Mon Oct 12 15:19:34 EDT 2009

Hi Eric: I redid everything and now when I run RLDIF, I get
a different message:

AURIGA> RLDIF1: Task RLDIF  (release of 31DEC09) begins
AURIGA> RLDIF1: Doing no flagging this time
AURIGA> RLDIF1: ERROR IN SELF-CONSISTENT AVERAGING
AURIGA> RLDIF1: No phase difference returned
AURIGA> RLDIF1: ERROR IN SELF-CONSISTENT AVERAGING
AURIGA> RLDIF1: No phase difference returned
AURIGA> RLDIF1: returns adverbs to AIPS
AURIGA> RLDIF1: Appears to have ended successfully

and matrices full of zeroes.

I guess that the best will be if you try POLCAL on a database.

Regards, Luis.