[daip] CLCOR position shifting question

Leonia Kogan lkogan at nrao.edu
Mon Nov 30 19:14:19 EST 2009

Mark,

You can argue my previous message argument about the instrumental delay,
considering your data have zeros for those delays.

Even in this case:
CLCOR calculates the phase correction for  each IFs as production of the
calculated delay and the frequency difference relatively the first IF.
1as position shift is large enough to create many turns of phase between
the neighbor IFs especially for VLBI (is it VLBI?). CLCOR brashes aside
the integer turns of phase! Therefore the multi band delay (MOD
deltaphi/deltaf, 1) can be smaller than expected.

So you can try your test with much much smaller source shift.