[daip] binary installation tacop error

Hans-Rainer Kloeckner hrk at astro.ox.ac.uk
Fri Nov 20 10:21:49 EST 2009

Hi Eric,

	sorry for bothering you. I have tried to installed the binary version
on my intel MAC and as far as I can tell
most of the things went well. (I had an older version of AIPS running,
but faild to udate it. So I thought I go for the easy option.)

Anyway I'm running into the following problem using tacop.

  I try to copy a CC table with no entries (see bottom)

 >inp
AIPS 1: TACOP     task to copy tables and other extension files
AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: INNAME     'DUMTAB'                Input image name (name)
AIPS 1: INCLASS    'DUMTAB'                Input image name (class)
AIPS 1: INSEQ         1                    Input image name (seq. #)
AIPS 1: INDISK        1                    Input image disk unit #
AIPS 1: INEXT      'CC'                    Input table extension type
AIPS 1: INVERS        1                    Input table file version no.
AIPS 1: NCOUNT        1                    Number of tables to consider
AIPS 1: OUTNAME    'SC1'                   Output image name (name)
AIPS 1: OUTCLASS   'RCL001'                Output image name (class)
AIPS 1: OUTSEQ        1                    Output image name (seq. #)
AIPS 1: OUTDISK       1                    Output image disk unit #.
AIPS 1: OUTVERS       0                    Output table file version.
AIPS 1: KEYWORD    ' '                     Header keyword to test
AIPS 1: KEYVALUE      0           0        Min., max. keyword value
AIPS 1: KEYSTRNG   ' '                     Character keyword value
AIPS 1: DOFLAG        0                    >0 -> copy flagged table rows
 >go
forrtl: severe (60): infinite format loop, unit -5, file Internal
Formatted Write
AIPS 1: Resumes

MESSAGER OUTPUT

HRKS-M> TACOP1: Task TACOP  (release of 31DEC09) begins
HRKS-M> TACOP1: ZFIO: OPER = READ LUN = 27 NREC =        8
HRKS-M> TACOP1: ZFI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES 7169 THRU = 8192 BEYOND EOF =
7168
HRKS-M> TACOP1: ZERROR: IN ZFI2   ERRNO = 22 (Invalid argument)

-------------  CC TABLE input (as printed via PRTAB)

  hrks-mac  PRTAB(31DEC09)   5010     20-NOV-2009  15:19:32    Page    1
DUMTAB      .DUMTAB.   1  Disk= 1    CC Table version   1
Title: AIPS CC CLEAN COMPONENTS TABLE
Created by      IMAGR on 20-NOV-2009 13:39:14
Last written by Obit  on 20-NOV-2009 13:42:31
Ncol   3  Nrow       0    Sort cols:
    Table can be written as a FITS ASCII table

COL. NO.          1              2              3
      ROW      FLUX           DELTAX         DELTAY
   NUMBER      JY             DEGREES        DEGREES
AIPS 1: Resumes

Can you please help

cheers,

Hans