[daip] blaah

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Nov 20 12:15:30 EST 2009

TB wrote:

> hi Eric,
>
> Finally getting back to my install problem.

> There were issues with compiler/supporting tools versions, had my
> sysadmin fix all those and upgrade, then tried to install again.
> Everything seems to compile fine, we get all the way down to FILAIP and
> it dies. Attached:
>
> - ppt file showing the FILAIP failure  (plus gcc -v and g77 -v results)
> - text file showing the AIPS environment  ($CDTST; printenv > env.txt)
> - gzipped tar file containing the DA00 and (empty) data areas
>

> I reinstalled at home again recently, no problems. I keep wondering if
> it is related to (a) here being dashes in the name of the machine, or
> (b) me trying to install this as root (there's an unrelated reason for
> that).
>
> Any suggestions appreciated. thanks.... Tony

Try blowing it all away and re-installing (there was a C error in a
routine now called in file creation).  Actually only ZFRE2.C is changed
but one would have to relink everything.  For some reason older
compilers have accepted this error gracefully but a recent spate of
compilers have not.

ERic Greisen