[daip] reading wmap in aips

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Nov 10 17:18:08 EST 2009

Farhad Zadeh wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> Hope all is well. I have been trying to load a wmap image
> wmap_mollweide_band_iqumap_r9_5yr_W_v3.fits into aips.
> It is a full sky map at W band. I am able to read this file fine
> with ds9 but loading it into aips gives me this.

I am working on this problem and have made some progress.  PRTTP and
IMLOD in my private versions can read in the images - FITLD remains to
be done.  BUT - once read in there is little aips can do because the
images are in Mollweide projection which aips does not understand.

I will let you know when I put them into the system for the MNJ.

Fixing that would be a big deal...although I have thought about the
general problem of aips not understanding the modern wcs.