[daip] Upgrading from Mac OSX 10.4 to 10.5

Kevin Marvel kevin.marvel at aas.org
Fri May 29 16:36:47 EDT 2009

Query:

I have a perfectly running install of the latest AIPS running on my
powerbook
under Mac OSX 10.4, but I am considering finally upgrading to Mac OSX
10.5.

What, if anything, should I do to prepare AIPS for upgrading.  Will
the DATA disks
still be readable?  Should I write everything out to FITS and then
read it back
in after reinstalling AIPS?  Any advice and help would be most useful.

Thanks!

Kev.

| ORDER YOUR VERY OWN GALILEOSCOPE AT WWW.GALILEOSCOPE.ORG     |
|                                                              |
| A CORNERSTONE OF THE IAU's 2009 Int. Year of Astronomy!      |
| FOR YOUR DAILY DOSE OF ASTRONOMY => 365daysofastronomy.org   |
| Kevin B. Marvel, Ph.D., C.A.E.       Phone : W(202) 328-2010 |
| Executive Officer                            H(703) 660-9158 |
| American Astronomical Society           Fax : (202) 234-2560 |
| 2000 Florida Ave. N.W., Suite 400     E-mail: marvel at aas.org |
| Washington, D.C. 20009              WWW : www.aas.org/marvel |
| AAVSO Observer MKV                       CELL : 703-589-7503 |
| ALTERNATE E-mail: kmarvel at mac.com                            |