[daip] DTSIM - AIPS

Alessandra Bertarini abertari at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de
Mon May 18 08:01:32 EDT 2009

Hello Leonia,

> Actually both you and me discovered that the adding of noise does present
> inside of DTSIM.
> So DTSIM may work :) ?? including  the adding the Gaussian noise.

Well... this problem is gone... I am dealing with the other 'features' ;)

E.g.: The visibility amplitudes seems now correct, but their phase is
random...

> QUESTION:   DPFU is DGAIN, is not it?

I interpreted it to be: DGAIN = 1/DPFU, otherwise the equation
DTSYS*DGAIN makes no sense.
Without documentation is a bit hard to decide what Athol actually meant.

> Therefore DTSIM works at your hand.
No, not really...

> At this situation I would not like to change UVCON adding the D-term
> simulation.
> The UVCON concept is too far from the DTSIM

Ok. I will try to make DTSIM works.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Alessandra