[daip] DTSIM - AIPS

Leonia Kogan lkogan at nrao.edu
Fri May 15 11:32:34 EDT 2009

Good morning Alessandra,

Actually both you and me discovered that the adding of noise does
present inside of DTSIM.
So DTSIM may work :) ?? including  the adding the Gaussian noise.
And as I understand you have handled the obvious DTSIM mistake
(DTSYS*DGAIN instead of
DTSYS/DGAIN) using reciprocal of DGAIN as input:

"I actually simulated the data putting in DTSIM control file 1/DPFU instead

of DPFU (as it is written in the help file) and then checked that the
fluctuations in flux produced were about the amount expected for that
given Tsys, DPFU, bandwidth and AP.
The two values agrees well if I use 1/DPFU. "

QUESTION:   DPFU is DGAIN, is not it?

Therefore DTSIM works at your hand.

At this situation I would not like to change UVCON adding the D-term simulation.
The UVCON concept is too far from the DTSIM

Leonia

I consider simulation of the D-term at UVCON as a last option