[daip] I need help! Warning: Tried to connect to session manager, None of the authentication protocols specified are supported

Danielle Lucero drundle at nmt.edu
Fri May 15 18:16:30 EDT 2009

Help Desk,

I am having trouble getting my aips to work.  The tv, message, and tekserv
windows open, and aips opens (see code below) but gives the error:

Warning: Tried to connect to session manager, None of the authentication
protocols specified are supported

I tried running a simple listr with optype 'scan' on a set of data, and aips
hangs.  This happens with every program actually.  When I type kleenex, aips
stops, but the windows don't dissapear.  I can not seem to figure out what
the problem is.  Do you have any ideas?  Oh, I am running debian linux if
that helps.

Danielle Lucero

(limeko)europanova at limeko:~$ aips
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the PHYSICS
START_AIPS:  - system name LaserJet-6P---CUPS+Gutenprint-v5.0.0, AIPS type
PS

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.010
  (Using global default file /home/europanova/aips/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for
DADEVS.PL)
   Disk 1 (1) is /home/europanova/aips/DATA/LIMEKO_3
   Disk 2 (2) is /home/europanova/aips/DATA/LIMEKO_1
   Disk 3 (3) is /home/europanova/aips/DATA/LIMEKO_2

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is REMOTE
   Tape 2 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called limeko
START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on limeko asynchronously
START_AIPS:  - with Internet Sockets...
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on LIMEKO asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC07 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC07) at priority =   0
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   1
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   1
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.010
XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on limeko
TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Inet domain
XASERVERS: Start XAS on limeko, DISPLAY :0
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XAS: Using screen width height 1270 924, max grey level 255
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on limeko, DISPLAY :0
Warning: Tried to connect to session manager, None of the authentication
protocols specified are supported
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on limeko, DISPLAY :0