[daip] FRING memory requirements

Ingyin Zaw iz6 at cosmo.nyu.edu
Tue May 12 18:27:29 EDT 2009

Hi Amy,

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, the multiband delays are for geodetic
calibration and I don't need that many channels. The channel settings were
just set to be the same as the astronomy block. However, the problem was
that when I ran BPASS on the AVSPC file, I saw ringing whereas I didn't
see ringing from BPASS in the unaveraged file (using POSSM). This is why I
tried to use the 256-channel file even though I would prefer to use the
32-channel file (from my other email thread). However, it turns out that
when I apply BP with doband 1 in POSSM, it shows ringing but if I apply it
with SPLAT and look at the result, there is no ringing. So, I think I can
go ahead with the averaged file.

Thanks,
Ingyin