[daip] upgrade laptop install

Neal Miller nmiller at astro.umd.edu
Sat Jul 25 21:17:25 EDT 2009

Hi.

I got a new Mac laptop, and transferred my old laptop
files over to it. I had an old AIPS installation (31DEC04),
so I upgraded to 31DEC08 on the new laptop. I used the
install wizard to do a binary installation, and have
subsequently gone and fixed /etc/services and my
AIPSPATH file to point to 31DEC04 as my "old" AIPS.
Things seem to work fine... mostly.

The 31DEC08 version has an aversion to integers. The
simple "print 2+2" command produces 3.9999. If I look
at any tasks, my adverbs are similarly effected
(DOTV  .9999 looks pretty odd!). If I start up 31DEC04,
I do not have this problem.

For reference, the new OS is 10.5.7. My old one was
10.3 of some flavor. My 31DEC08 install was on the
evening of 7/24.

Suggestions? Thanks much!

Neal

Dr. Neal A. Miller
Co-Director,  Science, Discovery & the Universe
Research Scientist
University of Maryland

nmiller at astro.umd.edu