[daip] VLANT problems

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Jan 13 16:20:19 EST 2009

Robert J. Harris wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using the 31DEC08 release of AIPS and I'm trying to apply baseline
> corrections to a P band data set from 2003 using VLANT.  I'm working on a
> macbook with intel processor.  I've checked to make sure that the baseline
> corrections from 2003 are loaded onto my computer in the AIPS/TEXT/STARS
> directory, (they are under the name VLA.ants.2003) and that the system
> variable AIPSTARS is defined.  However, when I run the task, I get the
> following error:
>
> LOCALH> VLANT1: Task VLANT  (release of 31DEC08) begins
> LOCALH> VLANT1: ZABORS: signal 11 received
> LOCALH> VLANT1: ABORT!
>
> Any help would be appreciated.  Sorry in advance if I haven't supplied
> enough info to help you resolve the issue.

We have encountered this before and finally concluded that there is a
Mac firewall that causes this when it attempts to get the 2009
corrections file from the web.  Yes - the 2009 file might be needed
since there are some stations from which the antenna never moves.

First - make sure that you are completely current with 31DEC08 by
running a MNJ (script do_daily.<hostname> in your home area).  Then make
sure the two attached files are in AIPS/TEXT/STARS.  I think it will
then work without trying to use the internet.

Eric Greisen