[daip] Fwd: Fwd: Use of EDITR in AL730 project

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Feb 25 15:21:36 EST 2009

Barney Rickett wrote:
> Eric,
>
> In using editr with two sources I see the data concatenated in time
> order.  I dont see the source name(s) on the edit screen (in fact I dont
> follow your description of where they should appear -  "upper left where
> the data values under the cursor are shown" ). The title of the plot
> gives the filename and freqid#
>
> The switch: Do all sources vs Do one source becomes relevant.  However,
> I cannot find documentation that explains how points are selected
> between the two sources. At any given time we observe one source, so
> flagging a time range automatically defines the source. Flagging above a
> level, could apply to either or both sources.  It's not easy to
> distinguish scans on the two sources except by their mean flux density -
> or by looking up the precise time of each scan.  I am looking at about
> 20 scans per source.  So when I switch to "do one source" and "flag
> above", how do I know which source it applies to?

1. The display I am talking about is when you are e.g. in a FLAG AREA
function.  There is a display at that time only which replaces the menu
and shows the time and flux/phase of the cursor and should show the
source name.

2. Flagging a time range can encompass 100's of sources if the time
range does even if those sources were not loaded into the work space of
the current EDITR execution.  Basically, ALL SORC sets the source number
to 0 in the resulting flags so that any source within the time range of
that flag will be deleted.  If your time ranges are all short - smaller
than or = a scan - then this does not matter.

Flag above will kill points from any sources which are displayed.  In
that case each flag command in the resulting FG table has a very short
time range so the all source flag is not important.  Note that the all
IF and all polarization things would matter if you had more than one.

I will try to see if I can repeat your problem here - although other
members of the group said that they have not seen it this year.