[daip] WSRT/AIPS

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 10 19:37:41 EST 2009

Dear Shea,

Unfortunately, Eric is on vacation for the next couple weeks.

I looked at the images you sent and it is very strange the distortion you see is
a shift towards the north in the WRST image that gets bigger as you get further
from the phase center.  I have a few questions/suggestions so we can figure out
if this is an IMAGR or a WSRT problem:

1) What version of AIPS are you running and can you run a different version of
IMAGR on the data.

2) Try UVFIX on the data before imaging (this recalculates the u,v,w)

3) Image a small field around one of the sources far from the phase center and
see if the position shift is the same as in the big image.  Use DO3DIMAG=1 so
the tangent point is moved to the center of the field.

Amy