[daip] Error(?) in postscript file.

R. Craig Walker cwalker at nrao.edu
Mon Feb 9 23:10:01 EST 2009

I am editing some postscript from LWPLA, PL file produced by KNTR.  A very
early element in the file is a pair of lines giving moveto and lineto
commands to delineate a box that exactly matches the bounding box.  That
is followed on the second line by "fill stroke"  The sequence is preceded
by setrgbcolor.  This appears to me to be an attempt to put a background
on the full plot window.  However there is a hitch.  The "72 300 div dup
scale" line is located earlier in the file.  So in fact what you get is
this curious little box positioned below and to the left of the main plot,
and mostly if not entirely outside of the bounding box.  It is very clear
if you change the color from the default white, which you normally can't
see when displaying the plot file because that is what the rendering
engine puts there.  I have a bright red box now in the one I'm testing.  I
suspect you'll get something closer to the desired effect by putting these
lines ahead of the scaling line.

For whatever it's worth, there are both vectors and bitmaps in the file
I'm talking about (contours and greys).

Let me know if you need more details, but it seems like that should be
enough.

Cheers,

Craig

    R. Craig Walker            Array Operations Center
    cwalker at nrao.edu           National Radio Astronomy Observatory
    Phone  575 835 7247        P. O. Box O
    Fax    575 835 7027        Socorro NM 87801   USA