[daip] install

Yoshiaki Hagiwara yoshiaki.hagiwara at nao.ac.jp
Tue Feb 10 06:51:21 EST 2009

> The install.pl process should continue after the MAKE.BMNJ section if
> you keep hitting the Enter key even if MAKE.BMNJ fails.

but the install wizard stops without finishing install if I
keep hitting the Enter. It says just "stops abandoning" or
something like that.

> Among the 463 files in $LOAD must be FILAIP.EXE so I do not make sense
> of your previous comment that it does not exist.

FILAIP.EXE does exist in LOAD. But, I can execute FILAIP.EXE but don't
know how to use it. What does FILAIP work for?

> One question - did you change the $SITE name accidentally or
> deliberately when doing the new installation?  Check $SITE and the file

The hard disk of my machine was replaced with the previous one that
I installed AIPS DEC03 without any problem.
I don't know your question above.  If you presume that
I'm installing to the same hard disk drive,  this is not true.
I bought a new hard drive. this is the first time to try installing
AIPS to this current disk.

Thanks.

Hagi