[daip] Problem with install

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 3 10:49:35 EST 2009

Kevin Marvel wrote:
> Dear DAIP,
>
> I have had to reinstall 31DEC08 on my MacBook Pro after a hard disk
> crash.  I have followed all instructions and am encountering an odd
> problem upon sourcing the LOGIN.SH script:
>
> -bash: /Users/kmarvel/aips/31DEC08/MACINT/SYSTEM/MARVEL/CDVER.SH: No
> such file or directory
>
> I suspect I have something set incorrectly, but cannot determine what it is.

This is the 2nd such query today I think.  The SITE name in your
~/.AIPSRC file and the SITE name for your computer in the
$AIPS_ROOT/HOSTS.LIST file probably differ.  It is trying to find

/Users/kmarvel/aips/31DEC08/MACINT/SYSTEM/MARVEL/

as your $SYSLOCAL and it is not there...  go to
/Users/kmarvel/aips/31DEC08/MACINT/SYSTEM/
and see what is there.  Likely a directory by the name matvhing the SITE
in the ~/.AIPSRC file.  You can change that dir name to MARVEL and
things should be good.  I would fix the ~/.AIPSRC file too for next time.

If the above guess seems incorrect - send me the output of

cd $AIPS_ROOT
. LOGIN.SH
$CDTST
echo $SYSLOCAL