[daip] SDCLN and additional questions

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Dec 15 12:12:33 EST 2009

Rene Giessuebel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thank you very much for your comments, this was very helpful!
> PEELR seems to work somehow, but I will have to experiment a bit more
> with it. I managed to produce at least one map where the disturbing
> residuals are gone. But I had to give PEELR both facets, so calibration
> was done in both facets as well, right? (when I gave only the first
> facet of the disturbing source it somehow went wrong. After imaging
> everything was shifted and there was a hole where the source used to be)
> Is there a way to keep the calibration of my source untouched and still
> use PEELR? Or is giving only one facet the right way (actually that's
> how I got it from what it sais in the Cookbook) and it should have
> worked that way?
>
> The multi-scale clean requires some more trial&error as well, but it
> looks very promising and I will probably stick with it.

PEELR is given all facets by the NFIELD and NGAUSS and IN2NAME
parameters.  The PPARM list lists the facets that call for peeling -
those that interfere with the central facet to which normal self-cal
applies.

Indeed the MS scale calls for experimentation to get the right
IMAGRP(11), FGAUSS, WGAUSS parameters.

Cheers,