[daip] 31DEC09/LNX64

Stefanie Muehle muehle at jive.nl
Fri Dec 11 11:15:16 EST 2009

Hi,

just to let you know that the binary installation of 31DEC09 with ARCH =
LNX64 choked on setting up the MNJ on my laptop (please see below for
details). My present workaround is to have installed AIPS with ARCH =
LINUX, too. Seems to work, but doubles the disk space needed. So, if you
happen to have a free minute at some point ...

Thanks for all your fine work keeping AIPS up-to-date!

Cheers,

  Stefanie

AipsWiz: About to run 'MAKE.BMNJ '...
AipsWiz: This will generate a fair bit of output.
AIPS_VERSION=/home/software/aips/31DEC09
MAKE.BMNJ - Moving to /home/software/aips/31DEC09/LINUX/UPDATE
MAKE.BMNJ - The MNJ now uses cvs (http://www.cvshome.org) for updates;
MAKE.BMNJ - looking to see if I can find a copy of it....
MAKE.BMNJ - Found /usr/bin/cvs.
MAKE.BMNJ - Setting up your MNJ settings in
MAKE.BMNJ -  /home/software/aips/31DEC09/LINUX/SYSTEM/UPDCONFIG:
MAKE.BMNJ -  --------------------------
# Created by MAKE.MNJ on Thu Dec 10 19:13:22 UTC 2009
cvscmd=/usr/bin/cvs
ClientName=localhost
MailList=stefanie
ErrorList=stefanie,aipsmgr at nrao.edu
MAKE.BMNJ -  --------------------------
MAKE.BMNJ - If you wish to change any of these settings, refer to the
MAKE.BMNJ - comments at the start of
/home/software/aips/31DEC09/SYSTEM/UNIX/UPDATE/UPDCONFIG
MAKE.BMNJ - and edit /home/software/aips/31DEC09/LINUX/SYSTEM/UPDCONFIG
yourself.
MAKE.BMNJ - Press <RETURN> to acknowledge...:
MAKE.BMNJ - cvs needs to be primed by a login operation; this
MAKE.BMNJ - is also a good time to test and make sure you can
MAKE.BMNJ - connect to our server. We will now try to login to
MAKE.BMNJ - the server (mnj.aoc.nrao.edu); when prompted for
MAKE.BMNJ - a password, just hit the enter or return key.
Logging in to :pserver:anoncvs at mnj.aoc.nrao.edu:2401/home/aipssrc/cvs
CVS password:
MAKE.BMNJ - /home/stefanie/do_daily.localhost already exists
MAKE.BMNJ - You might want to add a crontab entry, e.g.

30 1 * * 1-6 /home/stefanie/do_daily.localhost

MAKE.BMNJ - when you are ready to start the MNJ.
MAKE.BMNJ - Your configuration for the AIPS midnight job is complete.
AipsWiz: Not good; no
/home/software/aips/31DEC09/LNX64/SYSTEM/JOP59/UPDCONFIG found; did
MAKE.BMNJ fail?
AipsWiz: You should investigate this.
AipsWiz: ==> Press <ENTER> to acknowledge::

consequences:
=============
UPDCONFIG missing in $AIPS_ROOT/31DEC09/LNX64/SYSTEM
and some files missing in $AIPS_ROOT/31DEC09/LNX64/SYSTEM/JOP59

jop59:31DEC09/LNX64/SYSTEM/JOP59> ls
aips       CDVER.CSH   F2TEXT            LIBR      PRINTENV
AIPS       CDVER.SH    FDEFAULT.SH       LIBR.DAT  REVENV
AIPWD      COMLNK.ADD  FDEFAULT.SH.dist  MAKE.MNJ  RSYNC.ME
ASOPTS.SH  COMRPL.ADD  INCS.SH           NEWEST    SEARCH0.DAT
CCOPTS.SH  F2PS        LDOPTS.SH         PP.EXE    ZTRLOP.o

versus
jop59:31DEC09/LINUX/SYSTEM/JOP59> ls
aips       CDVER.CSH   F2TEXT            LDOPTS.SH~  PP.EXE       SEARCH0.DAT
AIPS       CDVER.SH    FDEFAULT.SH       LIBR        PRINTENV     UPDCONFIG
AIPWD      COMLNK.ADD  FDEFAULT.SH.dist  LIBR.DAT    REVENV       UPDCONFIG~
ASOPTS.SH  COMRPL.ADD  INCS.SH           MAKE.MNJ    RSYNC.MASTER ZTRLOP.o
CCOPTS.SH  F2PS        LDOPTS.SH         NEWEST      RSYNC.ME

Dr. Stefanie Muehle                  muehle at jive.nl
Support Scientist                    +31 (0)521 596 508

Joint Institute for VLBI in Europe   Joint Institute for VLBI in Europe
Oude Hoogeveensedijk 4               Postbus 2
7991 PD Dwingeloo                    7990 AA Dwingeloo
The Netherlands                      The Netherlands
+31 (0)521 596 500 (switchboard)
+31 (0)521 596 539 (fax)